CUBS Design Stories: A Classic Living Room Makeover
If you could only choose one room in your home to put your heart and soul into designing, the living room would top the list. Here at CUBS we have a customer who wanted a little help with a living room in their apartment. They want to have a well designed space with straight lines and no bulky furniture’s. Here is a classic living room look we designed for our client by using furniture and accessories from various online vendors.
As, Cameron Kimber a well known interior designer say, “It doesn’t matter if your taste is modern or traditional, classic or retro. If a house has a good feel to it, it will always be a home.”
We selected neutral shade sofa fabric to compliment yellow accent wall. And adding chevron patterned rug is a trendy and appealing makeover. As these couples are looking for more spacious and classical look for their living room, we decided to plan some warm colour and dark walnut brown wooden center table and side tables. Bright yellow chair adds a great vibe to an otherwise gloomy day.
“A room should never allow the eye to settle in one place.
It should smile at you and create fantasy.”
– Juan Montoya
In our opinion, a combination of bright colors and dark wooden furniture which always helps you to achieve visual balance in a room. Sleek lines of furniture gives a minimal look to the room. Room requirements were
- Bright and clean look.
- Having a straight backrest sofa was a mandatory requirement.
- Client were looking for some classical style with a colour pop.
CUBS Design Cronicles :
- Easiest hack to bring the trending yellow colour in your throwing cushions of the same colour on your sofa.
- A sofa or couch is an integral part of interior design in fact it is an essential part of living room. Azlin Wooden Sofa from Wooden street is a Walnut wood finish sofa, it has a nice sleek and minimal structure.
Delightfully Danish Hagen lounge chair blends with classic contrasting colour scheme to create a stylish, inviting lounge chair.
Rosler shoe rack from Wooden Street is of Walnut wood finish. This is a convenient and functional shoe rack, with a compact footprint.
- Golden finish Elise Hanging Lamp from Orange tree keeps the look grounded and sleek.
- Brown linen Floor Lamp by Pepperfry is a serene and elegant in looks, these floor lamp will give a stylish twist to your home decor.
- Road with Cypress and Star, this art print is from Art4U.
Altura coffee table from Urban Ladder is a walnut finish table. It’s aesthetics make it an ideal addition to any living space.
- Avian set of nesting tables in Provincial Teak from Pepperfry. This tables are great space-saving solutions for small spaces. They allow you to save space without having to give up the comfort of having a lot of furniture.
Epsilon console table from pepperfry. It gives a classic and contemporary entry into the living room.
Green and Ivory wool chevron hand-woven rug from Pepperfry, gives a trendy vibes and making them more appealing than ever before.
Cushions are a great way to accessories your couch or bed, and they add not only sense of comfort, but also a flair with the right patterns and colours. This Rome polyester jute fabric maple print cushion covers are from Amazon.
Textured stucco marble_Milk toffee and Peach Organza paints are from Asian Paints.
- Add a pop of Gold W-saxophone and W-Harp iron wall hanging by Vedas to your space with wall accents from Pepperfry.